I am thinking of making Spanish Paella, something different and I absolutely love everything about this dish…It has rice, chicken…what else do you want? LOL… Below is the recipe. I will let you know how it turns out! But it suppose to look like the picture below: lol
1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (125g each) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups medium-grain calrose rice
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 Place saffron threads in a bowl. Add boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3 Add paprika, capsicum and rice. Stir to coat. Add saffron mixture and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is just tender. Add peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve with lemon wedges.