Friday, September 12, 2008

My new goal

Since my childhood I never had a problem with my weight, I was always average even though I ate more food that my stomach can handle. I guess my metabolism was just always working a fast rate. As I grow older, I have been realizing that my metabolism has slowed down. I can't blame it, it's not like I have been helping it by exercising or doing something about it.

Anyhow, after I had my son almost 3 years ago. Within a couple of months I was back to my normal size of 103 lbs. It was perfect for my height of 5 feet 1 inch, I wasn't too skinny but all my clothes fit perfectly and I was happy with myself.



For the past 8-10 months, I gained so much weight from eating, BBQ-ing and more eating. See, I used to do this a lot too but my body was able to get rid of the extra weight without exercising. Now I think my body has given up cleaning the waste and let the waste take up residence in my midsection. Damn these waste, they better pay rent if they are going to stay in my body for awhile!

I have been a healthy person, minus the fact that I have asthma, which really I blame Canada for it (damn weather made me sick). I tell you, I am healthy, you can even say I am healthy by the book. My blood pressure is 120/80, that is by the book baby! Beat that!


Therefore, I am not going to do this for the sake of my health, well maybe it'll help with my asthma. I am going to try and lose weight for the sole reason of trying to fit in my clothes!

Yes, most of my clothes don't fit me anymore so it's been a struggle everyday trying to find clothes to wear to work. It's been such a pain trying to squeeze in my favorite jeans and just eventually toss it because I couldn't even zip it up. No, I can't go flying low - that doesn't work.:)

So starting Monday, I will do the following to lose some weight so I can fit in my clothes again:

* Eat sensibly
* Go for walk/run for at least 45 Minutes 4 times a week
* Avoid Fatty Foods
* Go to bed early
* Do crunches every morning for 10 minutes
* Drinks lots of water

So there you go, based on the ticker on the right hand side of this window, I have 17 lbs to go to achieve my goal and be comfortable with my clothes.

If you have any suggestions to help me with my goal, let me know!!! Encouragement is highly appreciated!!!

I will be posting my progress here so watch out for new postings!!!


3 comments:

Chloe Tejada said...

Good for you Karinna! I decided a few months ago to be more healthy and active. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week (for about an hour and a half) and do a mix of cardio and weights. I also eat a lot better- I never drink pop anymore, I've replaced it with water (lots of it!) and I don't eat out a lot. I make my own lunches for work and pack lots of veggies and fruit. My biggest meal is breakfast and I have a light dinner at around 5 and I don't eat after that. Since I started this plan in July, I've lost 15 pounds and put on some muscle!

Karinna C.C. said...

Chloe! That is excellent! So my goal of 15 lbs should be a breeze then eh? :)

Yeah it's been a month now that we don't have pop at home, so which is good - so we just need to keep it that way!!! I pack lunches too, more fruits than veggies really - but I should balance it.

My only problem now is eating early because we normally get home around 6:45PM and with cooking and stuff, sometimes we don't eat untile like 8PM or sometime later... Hmmm Maybe I'll make sure we have left overs when we cook so we don't have to worry about cooking and eating so late.

Thanks Chloe!!! You rock Baby!

Chloe Tejada said...

Yeah the eating dinner early is tricky because I don't get home unti 8:30 so I eat at work. I bring all my food with me to work although I'm sure that doesn't work for everyone. I guess the trick is to have a light dinner, like fish or chicken and lot of veggies. It's all about balance!