Thursday, July 10, 2008

4-day work week?

When I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, I heard something that made me smile.

A company in Florida has promoted a 4-day work week and the results are unbelievable! (Utah actually is the first state that promoted a 4-day work week)


Free Clipart


The company not only cut down a quarter million in utility bills a year, but also tardiness and sick days have reduced significantly!!! See, companies like this one will go very far!

I wouldn't mind a 4-day work week, I think that will eliminate my tardiness and my constant bitching about waking up so early. Ok-not true as no matter what day it is my son wakes me up at 7:30AM, but I can't explain why I am late for work most days.

What if employeed have an option of having a 4-day work week or get 52 days of extra vacation!!! Hmmm, I am not sure, I don't know what to pick! Maybe I will take half and half. I will be working a 4-day work week every other week and then have an extra 26 days of vacation!!! Wow, that is exciting!

Ok, back to reality - It's Thursday and one more day of work - sigh.

No comments: