Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"The Kite Runner"

Last Sunday, I started reading the book "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. You can click on his name to go to his website. The book is so good, that I am now halfway thru the book! That is a record for me!


Here is a little bit of info about the book.


"The Kite Runner is a novel about friendship, betrayal, and the price of loyalty. It is about the bonds between fathers and sons, and the power of their lies. Written against a history that has not been told in fiction before, The Kite Runner describes the rich culture and beauty of a land in the process of being destroyed. But with the devastation, Khaled Hosseini also gives us hope: through the novel's faith in the power of reading and storytelling, and in the possibilities he shows for redemption. " Taken from Khaled Hosseini's site.

I definitely recommend this book, it's well written and the story will just take your breath away. It produces so many feelings to the reader. You will feel happy, mesmerize, dreamy, then suddenly you'll feel hate, anger. fear and sadness.... This book made me cry the other night, I was so taken by the story that I felt it in my heart. ( ok, ok, I am not normally sappy, but it did make me cry).

Also there is a movie that was created based on this book, you can check out the link below for information. I haven't seen it yet, but I will soon, after I finish the book.

http://www.kiterunnermovie.com/main.html

Once I am done with this book, I think I am going to get "A thousand splendid Suns", also by Khaled Hosseini.

No comments: